ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL backup performance

2013-08-23 13:10:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL backup performance
From: Håkon Phillip Tønder-Keul <hakonp AT BASEFARM DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:08:30 +0200
On 08/23/2013 04:07 PM, Sven Seefeld wrote:
Hi,

we're experiencing slow performance while backing up a 1,5 TByte MS SQL 2008R2
database with the TDP SQL Agent 6.3. As for DR-scenarios, we're doing legacy
backups only. The actual speed is usually around 20 MByte/s, backups go to
LTO-5 tape directly. The backup stream has to pass through 3 different
firewalls, so we're not quite sure where the bottle neck is located, MS SQL
API, TDP Agent or IP-firewall (SAN-Storage and TSM-Server should outperform
everything else).

Maybe someone can share his performance values with me. Any hints are welcome.

Regards,

   Sven

Hi,

Can you pos tyour dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg?

There is a lot of tuning that can boost your perfomance.

--
Mvh/Rgds
Håkon Phillip Tønder-Keul