ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL backup performance

2013-08-24 05:45:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL backup performance
From: Sven Seefeld <sven.seefeld AT RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:43:33 +0200
Hi,

I have a question about the target device, can an LTO-5
> write at 20MB/sec?  Perhaps an intermediate landing zone
> that can write that slow might help.
the 1,5 TByte mainly splits into two files (~900 + ~600 GByte, don't ask
why) and I don't have enough space in the diskbackuppool for that
specific job. But, if I compare the speed with smaller dbs jobs (daily
diff ~100 GByte) which fits into the diskpool, they aren't much faster
(~25-30 MByte/s). I know that I should reach around 40 MByte/s for the
LTO-5 tapes, but I'm pretty lost right now.
Will post the dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg on monday, when the dbas are on duty.

Have a nice weekend,

   Sven