ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL backup performance

2013-08-27 16:49:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP SQL backup performance
From: Håkon Phillip Tønder-Keul <hakonp AT BASEFARM DOT NO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 22:47:59 +0200
On 08/26/2013 10:09 AM, Sven Seefeld wrote:
Hi,

Can you pos tyour dsm.opt and tdpsql.cfg?

There is a lot of tuning that can boost your perfomance.
dsm.opt just contains the necessary node and server options, nothing else,
tdpsql.cfg mainly lists the default values:

Hi,

This is a setting I use on a high end plattform with lots of memory.

I strongly recommendthat you disable tsm compression (if enabled), and inserta
line in tdpsql.cfg 'sqlcompression yes'

Play around with numbers. To start with, set stripes = 2, and have a go.

Also, make sure your node has a maxnummp=stripes + 2 if you send data to
filespool or tapes.

LASTPRUNEDate     06/11/2013 12:59:40
SQLAUTHentication     INTegrated
MOUNTWaitfordata     Yes
BACKUPMethod     LEGACY
DIFFESTimate     20
BUFFers     8
BUFFERSIze     8192
STRIPes     8
SQLBUFFers     32
SQLBUFFERSIze     4096
LOGFile     C:\var\log\tsm\sql\c02\tdpsql.log
LOGPrune     30
LANGuage     ENU
SQLSERVer     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FROMSQLserver     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
Mvh/Rgds
Håkon Phillip Tønder-Keul