ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] tsm6 point-in-time restore to DR server question

2013-08-22 15:29:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] tsm6 point-in-time restore to DR server question
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 15:27:25 -0400
We are on learning curve of bringing up our first TSM v6 server (6.2.1).

We have a instance up and running.  It's a single TSM instance running on
AIX.
It uses file devices to a DataDomain (via NFS).  The DD
replicates the storage pool, db backups, and the recovery plan to a second
site.

I'm now trying to setup a dedicated AIX server at a remote site for DR.
I'm trying to do a point-in-time restore.
I've been able to get a restore to work and bring up the TSM instance -
GOOD.
BUT, something is not right.  The activelog files seems to be in the wrong
place.

On the main system, DB2 put all the files, active logs, and archive logs
in the
filesystems I specified, but put them down under a NODE000 subdirectory
structure.
After the restore, the mirrorlog has it's copy of the active log under
a NODE000 subdir, BUT, the main activelog is NOT under that sudir.

main system
  activelogs are in /activelog/NODE000/<files>
  mirrorlogs are in /mirrorlog/NODE000/<files>

DR system
  activelogs are in /activelog/<files>    <==????????
  mirrorlogs are in /mirrorlog/NODE000/<files>

It appears to be working, but this doesn't seem right!

Any thoughts would be a big help.

Rick

personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that you have received this document in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately, and delete
the original message.