ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] queryoptimization - what is it?

2013-08-23 05:55:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] queryoptimization - what is it?
From: Angela Robertson <aprobert AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 05:54:11 -0400
Hi Stephen,

QUERYOPTimization is an undocumented option. In general, it is only to be
used when service suggests it as a way to turn off query optimization as a
workaround, if  query related issues occur. The option continues to work in
the latest release, but it should not be needed. Upgrading to the latest
release is the suggested solution to these problems.  If it is found to be
needed in the latest release, a PMR should be opened. The default is that
the option is not used and query optimization is turned on.  Query
optimization provides better performance which becomes more noticeable as
the number of number of databases involved increases.

Angela Robertson
IBM Software Group
Durham, NC 27703
aprobert AT us.ibm DOT com

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 08/22/2013
10:43:00 AM: