ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] queryoptimization - what is it?

2013-08-22 10:45:06
Subject: [ADSM-L] queryoptimization - what is it?
From: "Stackwick, Stephen" <Stephen.Stackwick AT ICFI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:43:00 +0000
We have 6.3 SQL TDPs that were getting:

ACO5422E CSqlApi::GetSqlDatabaseInfoOpt3

errors, even if we excluded the databases causing the messages. Short story,
the backup still looks like it fails, even though the databases we care about
are getting backed up fine. Following Del's recommendation on this list, we set
QUERYOPTIMIZATION 0 in the tdpsql.cfg file, and the messages go away.

My customer (and I) would like to know what this option does. I haven't been
able to find it mentioned in the manual.

Thanks!

STEPHEN STACKWICK | Senior Consultant | 301.518.6352 (m) | Stephen.Stackwick AT
icfi DOT com<mailto:sstackwick AT icfi DOT com> | icfi.com<http://www.icfi.com/>
ICF INTERNATIONAL | 410 E. Pratt Street Suite 2214, Baltimore, MD 21202 |
410.539.1135 (o)