ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Equating current 3494 configuration to TS3500

2013-04-23 13:38:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Equating current 3494 configuration to TS3500
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 13:36:14 -0400
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT firstenergycorp DOT
com
> wrote:

> What are you trying to protect against?

Library Manager server/outage -  We have massive backups that overflow our
disk storage pools, all the time.  Plus we have to perform Linux kernel
patching/maintenance monthly, which means shutting down and rebooting.  If
*1* TSM server exclusively manages ALL of the tape drives/offline storage,
then shutting it down disrupts *ALL* tape activity.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator