ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM 6.3.3

2013-03-27 15:04:29
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM 6.3.3
From: "Swartz, Jerome" <Jerome.Swartz AT COMPUTACENTER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 21:03:21 +0200
Hi fello TSM'ers,

I need the advice of my fellow Backup admins :)

With TSM 5.5 nearing EOL support and my customer going the Exchange 2010 the
hand has finally been forced to go with TSM 6.x

My current setup;
Server: w2k3
TSM version 5.5.6 - I have about 60 servers being backed all windows based.
Quite a bit of historical data going back 7 years for my yearly backups.

I would like to know how best to approach this upgrade?

1.       What I am thinking is to build a new 2008 R2 server.

2.       Do a fresh 6.3.3 TSM install

3.       Export the dev/config files

4.       Export the nodes

The above might be incorrect as I am still exploring options.

Or should I be looking at Migrating TSM 5.5 onto a new 2008 R2 server and then
upgrading from there. I am looking at the shortest possible way of achieving
this.

Regards,

Jerome Swartz

COMPUTACENTER PLC is registered in England and Wales with the registered number
03110569.  Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield Avenue,
Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (UK) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 01584718.  Its registered office is at Hatfield Business
Park, Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (Mid-Market) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 3434654. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park,
Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW
COMPUTACENTER (FMS) Limited is registered in England and Wales with the
registered number 3798091. Its registered office is at Hatfield Business Park,
Hatfield Avenue, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9TW

The contents of this email are intended for the named addressee only.
It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be
privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive mail for the
addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you receive it in error please notify us immediately and then destroy it.
Computacenter information is available from: http://www.computacenter.com