ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Monitoring for TSM?

2013-02-18 19:00:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Monitoring for TSM?
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:58:45 -0600
I got an off-line response that there's also a "System Management Central" Wiki
developers page on IBM's site that is supposed to have helpful articles on
Tivoli Monitoring for TSM. I haven't dove into that yet, nor have I gone off to
the Cognos Info Center to figure out how I'm going to write my reports. I'm
still sticking my nose in different corners looking for an especially
encouraging trail of breadcrumbs before starting to map it out myself.

I give DPA credit for reporting on our EMC storage hardware as well as they
report on our TSM instances, but since our TSM instances are the more complex
pieces, if I can get better insights and automation for TSM itself, like an
easy way to list locked administrators, we might split the load between the two
products.

Nick