ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Tivoli Monitoring for TSM?

2013-02-18 07:40:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Tivoli Monitoring for TSM?
From: Nick Laflamme <nick AT LAFLAMME DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 06:38:57 -0600
I'm not sure if I'm late to the show or a relatively early adapter, but I have
to ask:

Does anyone have a starter kit for extending Tivoli Monitoring for TSM beyond
the initial configuration?

We're doing a proof-of-concept with it now, trying to see what it gives us
compared to what we have with Data Protection Advisor, which isn't at all
TSM-centric. I'm 99% sure I should be able to cobble together new views and new
elements (graphs? tables? alerts?) if I dig into enough non-TSM Tivoli
information centers, such as Tivoli Enterprise Portal and Tivoli Enterprise
Monitoring or whatever TEMS stands for, but if I can find a map of where the
first five things I need are, I'd be very grateful.

Alternately, would anyone be interested in a "Intro to Hacking Tivoli
Monitoring for TSM" or "Why Tivoli Monitoring for TSM Comes with Source Code"
if I get very far?

Am I repeating work already done for some Redpiece? (If so, why hasn't my
favorite IBMer mentioned that Redpiece to me?) (And why aren't there any
Redpieces that match the keyword "TSM" after 2008?)

Nick