ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 1 GBit FC sufficient for tape library?

2013-02-12 14:40:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 1 GBit FC sufficient for tape library?
From: Shawn DREW <shawn.drew AT US.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 19:38:14 +0000
LTO4 is rated at 120MB/s max speed, which comes out to just under 1gbit/sec
(1gbit/s = 125MB/s).  I normally reserve 1gbit for each LTO4 drive.  (i.e. 4
drives on a 4gb HBA)
I do see 110+MB/s streaming on those guys.  (using topas -T on AIX, so not sure
about the accuracy)

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender. Any use not in accord
with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure, either whole or partial,
is prohibited except formal approval. The internet can not guarantee the
integrity of this message. BNP PARIBAS (and its subsidiaries) shall (will)
not therefore be liable for the message if modified. Please note that certain
functions and services for BNP Paribas may be performed by BNP Paribas RCC, Inc.