ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 1 GBit FC sufficient for tape library?

2013-02-12 15:20:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 1 GBit FC sufficient for tape library?
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 15:17:51 -0500
Yes, correct that it's rated at that max speed.  But if you don't have a pipe
big enough to handle the max speed, the other question is how small can the
pipe be before it becomes problematic and unusable.  I just checked, and
according to Fuji, an IBM LTO4 drive will speed match down to 30MB/sec, which
means you will still be able to get some useful work done with a smaller pipe.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fujifilmusa.com%2Fshared%2Fbin%2FLTO_Overview.pdf&ei=i6IaUYuHGqn-0gHlmIGwDQ&usg=AFQjCNFcZqFcjcsiAWUCkWiXcmVwqbUgJQ&bvm=bv.42261806,d.dmQ&cad=rja

..Paul