ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Diagnosing "ANS1377W: The client was unable to obtain a snapshot of 'volname'. The operation will continue without snapshot support."

2013-01-08 11:24:03
Subject: [ADSM-L] Diagnosing "ANS1377W: The client was unable to obtain a snapshot of 'volname'. The operation will continue without snapshot support."
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:00:00 -0500
Can someone help me figure out why one of my nodes keeps generating these
errors and how to diagnose/fix whatever is going on.

ANS1377W: The client was unable to obtain a snapshot of 'volname'. The
operation will continue without snapshot support.

This is a W2K3 server.  Upgraded the client to 6.4,  which seemed to
resolve a lot if not all of the issues we were having with journal backups
on this server.  We have OFS installed, which I figure is the cause of
these errors since the files that generate these errors are usually open/in
use.

Nothing in dsmerror/dsmsched log files to give me more to go on.  Earlier
when we had "can access these files" errors, it was caused by the AV
program blocking them.  Once they were removed, those errors stopped.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator