ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange dirmc

2012-11-27 18:24:21
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange dirmc
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:35:40 -0500
Robert,

Have you checked the dsmerror.log in case there is some message there that
hints why the wrong management class is used for directories?

Can you reproduce this with the command line client? Create a new
directory, such as /home/robert/newdir. Add a file or two. Then back it up,
e.g.:

   dsmc i /home/robert/newdir/ -subdir=yes

Then query the directory backup:

   dsmc q ba /home/robert/newdir -dirsonly

Does it show the wrong management class? Check dsmerror.log. Are there any
messages there?

Also run:

   dsmc q mg -detail

And examine the MGLAW management class. What does it show?

Best regards,

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2012-11-27
10:28:08: