ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Strange dirmc

2012-11-28 01:34:50
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Strange dirmc
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:05:42 +0000
Andy ,

Here some results of the suggestions you made:

dsmc q mg -detail

MgmtClass Name                  : MGLAW
Description                     :
Space Management Technique      : None
Auto Migrate on Non-Usage       : 0
Backup Required Before Migration: NO
Destination for Migrated Files  : DD_LAW
Copy Group
        Copy Group Name........: STANDARD
        Copy Type..............: Backup
        Copy Frequency.........: 0 day(s)
        Versions Data Exists...: 7 version(s)
        Versions Data Deleted..: 1 version(s)
        Retain Extra Versions..: No Limit
        Retain Only Version....: 120 day(s)
        Copy Serialization.....: Dynamic
        Copy Mode..............: Modified
        Copy Destination.......: DD_LAW

  Create a new directory and run on it an incremental backup:

tsm> i /home/robert/test/ -su=yes

Incremental backup of volume '/home/robert/test/'
Successful incremental backup of '/home/robert/test/*'

Total number of objects inspected:        2
Total number of objects backed up:        0
Total number of objects updated:          0
Total number of objects rebound:          0
Total number of objects deleted:          0
Total number of objects expired:          0
Total number of objects failed:           0
Total number of bytes transferred:       0  B
Data transfer time:                    0.00 sec
Network data transfer rate:            0.00 KB/sec
Aggregate data transfer rate:          0.00 KB/sec
Objects compressed by:                    0%
Elapsed processing time:           00:00:03

tsm> q ba /home/robert/test -dirsonly

           Size        Backup Date                Mgmt Class           A/I File
           ----        -----------                ----------           --- ----
           128  B  11/28/12   07:45:40              MGLAW               A
/home/robert/test

Nothing wrong in the dsmerror.log

I before this test I run a mode nodedata lawsrv from=dd_education to=dd_law to
have a clean environment.

After the backup I run a new q nodedata lawsrv and result correct , storage
pool taken DD_LAW

tsm: POSTBACK>q nodedata lawsrv

Node Name            Volume Name                        Storage Pool
Physical
                                                        Name
Space

Occupied

(MB)
----------------     ------------------------------     ----------------
--------
LAWSRV               \\DD580G\BACKUP\POSTBACK\LAW\-     DD_LAW
19,771.8
                      00000000.BFS
 4
LAWSRV               \\DD580G\BACKUP\POSTBACK\LAW\-     DD_LAW
50,988.2
                      00000001.BFS
 5
LAWSRV               \\DD580G\BACKUP\POSTBACK\LAW\-     DD_LAW
51,032.0
                      00000002.BFS
 5
LAWSRV               \\DD580G\BACKUP\POSTBACK\LAW\-     DD_LAW
51,004.0
                      00000003.BFS
 4

I am really confuse now everything seems O.K , I will wait to the next schedule
backup and will check again .

Will let you know ..

Again really appreciate your help., nice day

Robert Ouzen
Haifa University
Israel