ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM cmd after library has been defined again..

2012-11-27 18:08:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM cmd after library has been defined again..
From: Bob Levad <blevad AT WINNEBAGOIND DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:58:20 +0000
Jerome,

If your cleaning tapes are known to TSM, you'll need to check them back in also
with the number of cleanings remaining.

Q libv <lib> CL* f=d should show number of cleanings remaining before you drop
the library.

checkin libv <lib> search=y stat=clean checkl=bar clean=<# remaining> will
check in your media.

You may want to eject and insert them individually if they have a different
number of cleanings remaining on each.

It's usually best to let the library handle the cleanings if you can keep TSM
out of it.

Bob