ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Windows Client Bloat

2012-11-18 15:08:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Windows Client Bloat
From: Neil Schofield <neil.schofield AT YORKSHIREWATER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:05:05 +0000
Zoltan

> The problem as I see it is the new "bundle" includes both x32 and x64
> clients plus an installer front-end to determine what version you need.
In
> the past, when I downloaded from Passport, I was able to easily separate
> them and folks only grabbed which one they needed.

The 6.4 package from Passport Advantage can still be easily separated. The
English language versions are in the following directories:
x86 client: TSMCLI_WIN\tsmcli\x32\client\Disk1
x64 client: TSMCLI_WIN\tsmcli\x64\client\Disk1

Both these branches contain their own SETUP.EXE and can be effectively
broken off the tree and passed to whoever needs them.

My issue is that, at 680 Mb, the x64 leg *** by itself *** is still too
large to fit on a CD. The x86 folder adds another 362 Mb to this.

Regards
Neil

Spotted a leak?
If you spot a leak please report it immediately. Call us on 0800 57 3553 or go
to http://www.yorkshirewater.com/leaks

Get a free water saving pack
Don't forget to request your free water and energy saving pack, it could save
you money on your utility bills and help you conserve water.
http://www.yorkshirewater.com/savewater

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally
privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only and are subject to the
legal notice available at http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm
Yorkshire Water Services Limited
Registered Office Western House, Halifax Road, Bradford, BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682