ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM

2010-02-10 08:39:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Virtual TSM
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:39:33 +0100
I run TSM 6.1.2.0 in a vSphere environment and it runs just fine on Windows
2008, I would recommend giving it two vCPU's if you can because it will fill up
1 vCPU easy.
I use a dedupe filepool on SATA storage, no tape attached.

I have tried a virtual TSM server with SCSI tape connection on ESX 2.5.4 and
that was an disaster, every time there was a low level SCSI message from the
Library I would purple screen of death the ESX host. :)