ADSM-L

Re: Incremental change and Journaling

2006-07-05 11:38:34
Subject: Re: Incremental change and Journaling
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 11:38:10 -0400
Journaling will cut down the time it takes your remote client to scan
its filesystem, but it won't reduce the amount of data you have to send
over that leased line - which is really causing your problem?

Sounds like subfile backup might be more useful to you than journaling.
It will actually reduce the amount of data sent per day by sending only
the changed blocks instead of changed files (unless the files themselves
are > 2 GB in size).