ADSM-L

Re: SV: Incremental change and Journaling

2006-07-05 20:39:40
Subject: Re: SV: Incremental change and Journaling
From: Larry Peifer <peiferlt AT SONGS.SCE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:39:15 -0700
Richard (et.al.)- I've been on the trail to find this utility for over a
year now.  The Prob. Determination Guide talks about its use  as does the
PowerPoint presentations from several webinars on Journaling but the
utilities for TSM5.3 don't seem to be available (they don't come on any of
the CD's for TSM5.3x nor are they available on the FTP site and the 5.2
utility is not compatible with the 5.3 journalDB format (or so I'm told).

I've opened a PMR last September with IBM and got up through Tier 2
support and then to the Tier 2 support manager but have never been
successful at finding the actual programs used for advanced Journal
debugging.   For all our trying our site has been unable to get Journaling
working on MS 2003 cluster servers running in failover mode using
scheduler services.  We have 80 other MS 2000/2003 non-clustered servers
where it works just fine - so I'm very interested to get some additional
debugging tools in hand.

Any additional information that you or other TSM'rs can provide would be
most appreciated.

Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
07/05/2006 11:07 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] SV: Incremental change and Journaling

Larry -

Look in the TSM 5.3 Problem Determination Guide for location and use
of the utility for 5.3.

In TSM 5.2, at least, it was an unsupported utility...
The "TSM Windows Client Advanced Functions" Lunch & Learn cites that
version of the utilities being downloadable from
  ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/
patches/client/v5r2/Windows/Win32/unsupportedJBBtools/

  Richard Sims