ADSM-L

Re: Best way to compare the pools ?

2006-01-10 14:08:37
Subject: Re: Best way to compare the pools ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 14:07:55 -0500
On Jan 10, 2006, at 1:29 PM, Vats.Ashok wrote:

We have primary pool and offsite pool. We run backup from primary
to offsite pool everyday using cron. I was wondering what is the
best practice to copy primary to offsite pool ? Also how do I
compare the two pools to see if offsite is caught up with primary.
Typically I use q * * stg=primarypool & q * * stg=offsitepool but
it takes a long time to run these commands & compare the output.

If the primary pool is backed up only to that offsite copy storage
pool (and not also an on-site copy storage pool), you can do 'select
* from auditocc', which is nearly instantaneous.

  Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs