ADSM-L

Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix

2005-01-07 18:05:23
Subject: Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 00:05:05 +0100
Andy,

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 10:31:59AM -0700, Andrew Raibeck wrote:
> You can install ISC/Admin center once on a single machine, and access
> remotely via your web browser.

Ok that helps. But you still have a big resource requirement to just
being able to manage TSM with a graphical interface.

> Also see my earlier post on this thread for where to find additional info.

I read that post, but did not have time read all of it...

One other thing I can think of is extra work for disaster recovery
to a remote site. Now instead of installing 'just' a TSM
server to get things going I need to install an ISC application
somewhere to get a GUI management interface. And concluding from a
the response that may take quite some extra time (and hardware).

I can understand IBM is looking for a good solution to manage
several products using a single interface. But I think a gradual
move would be much better: start supporting ISC but still keep
the webinterface for some time. I would prefer learning and using
the new TSM 5.3 features first and later on get used to a new
management interface.

-Marcel