ADSM-L

Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix

2005-01-07 10:35:07
Subject: Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:34:45 -0500
Well, I just hope this is the worst screw-up in 5.3; at least this
provides something I don't use and can avoid installing. My 'desktop' is
really a laptop, runing Win2K on 768 MB; this won't change until the
lease expires about this time next year.

I don't have any AIX systems with graphic cards installed, so I'd need
to run the admin center on a remote X display -- and if this is another
crappy Java app that won't let me re-size windows or fonts I can't use
it this way. And there needs to be a way to symlink the temporary
install files to a throw-away directory -- /tmp is NOT going to be 750
MB on any of my systems. . .

Overall, it sounds like the Administrative Center is a non-starter.

Thanks for the reports, people!

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc