ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB growing @1.5Gb /2 day ??

2003-05-22 02:58:50
Subject: Re: TSM DB growing @1.5Gb /2 day ??
From: Dirk Kastens <Dirk.Kastens AT UNI-OSNABRUECK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 08:59:26 +0200
Hi,

> I had one grow at that rate...
> After the 3rd 8GB dbvol I added I looked into it in great
> detail. I spotted a box whose auditocc numbers were growing
> rapidly during the same time as the tsm db... that client had
> started archiving about 1.5 million files per day and keeping
> them for 35 days ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After some
> discussion with the client, and about 35+ days, most of my
> data base space returned to me :-)

We once had the same situation. One client backed up an NFS mounted
filesystem and created a link loop so that it stored millions
of files every night. After the second resize of the db I
discovered the culprit.

Regards,

Dirk Kastens............Tel.: +49 541 969-2347
Universitaet Osnabrueck, Rechenzentrum (Computer Center)
Albrechtstr. 28, 49069 Osnabrueck, Germany