ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB growing @1.5Gb /2 day ??

2003-05-19 10:29:35
Subject: Re: TSM DB growing @1.5Gb /2 day ??
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:25:56 -0500
I had one grow at that rate...
After the 3rd 8GB dbvol I added I looked into it in great detail.
I spotted a box whose auditocc numbers were growing rapidly during the same
time as the tsm db...
that client had started archiving about 1.5 million files per day and
keeping them for 35 days
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After some discussion with the client, and about 35+ days, most of my data
base space returned to me :-)

Dwight

                      shekhar Dhotre
                      <Shekhar.Dhotre@LENDLE        To:       ADSM-L AT
VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      ASEREI.COM>                   cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist          Subject:  TSM DB growing
@1.5Gb /2 day ??
                      Stor Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      05/19/2003 09:06 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi all ,

On one of our   TSM  server(Sydney)  database is growing  1.5 GB in 2
days???  (AS per AP-TSM admin).   What could be the reasons? He is saying
that it is happening because  of  archive operations  and  unload /reload
will solve problem  . I am going through TSM manuals to find out root
cuase, meanwhile any thoughts on how to resolve this problem. DB size is
160GB (aprox) .

His comments :
>1) AP(Asia Pacific)  TSM: TSM db @ 99% utilsation - extended database by
1.5Gb (very last space) -This will buy us 1-2 days by which we need to get
more disk in place.

Thanks
SD
Atlanta ,GA.