ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5116 server / storageagent performance degradation

2002-11-15 12:43:40
Subject: Re: TSM 5116 server / storageagent performance degradation
From: J D Gable <josh.gable AT EDS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:43:31 -0600
Check your tcp_mssdflt settting.  It sets the default packet size for non-local
networks.  It sounds like that's the situation you're in.  The clients are
sending packets in 1460, but you're sending them back out at 536.  That's 3
times as many packets and
acks for the same amount of data.  We had this problem for a while and setting
the tcp_mssdflt to 1460 resolved it.

Josh