ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad scheduler and multiple tasks

2002-11-15 12:43:48
Subject: Re: dsmcad scheduler and multiple tasks
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:43:23 -0800
Hi, Al.

I've read some of the other suggestions, but I think the easiest way would
be to create two command files.

first.cmd
start "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmc.exe" inc [whatever]

second.cmd
start "c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmc.exe" inc [whatever]

The "start" will cause the scheduler to fork the dsmc process and exit,
thusly freeing the scheduler up for when the second is supposed to run.
Then create command schedules that run the cmd files and associate them with
the node.  You'd still have 1 node, 1 scheduler, central schedules.  The
only problem is that the dsmc processes won't return an RC to the scheduler,
but if that's acceptable, then it should be fine.

Good luck.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC