ADSM-L

Re: OK IBM _ ENOUGH ALREADY with the IBM/Tivoli TSM website -

2002-10-24 09:11:10
Subject: Re: OK IBM _ ENOUGH ALREADY with the IBM/Tivoli TSM website -
From: Alan Davenport <Alan.Davenport AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:02:51 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Stapleton [mailto:stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 12:24 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

From: Prather, Wanda [mailto:Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU]

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Alan Davenport
> Amen. I used to get the clients from the Boulder FTP site and
> even that has
> not worked for a few weeks now. I'm sure glad I kept the clients I
> downloaded on my local hard drive else I would not have been able to get
> anything done this week!

><ahem> I got the AIX 5.1.5 client downloaded without problem on Monday
>afternoon.

Well, good for you. I wish I were so lucky. I get as far as establishing
connectivity to the site but it just hangs there and the connection then
times out before it prompts for user name and password. I am working on
upgrading to 5.1.5.x and the OS390 system programmer just gave up and
ordered the PTF's on TAPE to go from 5.1 to 5.1.5.x since he could not get
them from any of the web sites or the ftp site! What's next, are we going
back to punched cards next month? (Sorry, this is just my frustration
speaking!)

  Al

Alan Davenport
Senior Storage Administrator