ADSM-L

Oracle backups

2000-07-10 07:12:05
Subject: Oracle backups
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:12:05 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
It's still not very clear to me how the Oracle Connect agent works.
The manual states that the node has to be allowed to delete backup data.
I noticed that the Connect Agent creates files with a unique filename. When
RMAN deletes old backups, it deletes also these files on the server. But, as
far as I know, deletion of individual files on the TSM server is not
possible/supported. Does this mean that the Connect Agent is using
unsupported TSM commands? Like the "DELETE OBJECT 0 nnnn" command?
Because I was running with the wrong client settings for a while (clients
were allowed to delete archive data, not backup data) I have a lot of
orphaned Oracle backup files.
What do I have to do  to get rid of them? Do I have to use unsupported
commands (like the one above) to remove these files?
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.