ADSM-L

FW: [Fwd: DLT 7000 Quantum Setup Question]

2000-07-10 04:41:05
Subject: FW: [Fwd: DLT 7000 Quantum Setup Question]
From: Werner Nussbaumer <werner.nussbaumer AT UBS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:41:05 +0200
Hello all

I want to use an IBM 4500 with TWO Quantum DLT 7000 libraries (ATL
Powerstor L500 with 13 Tapes, one cleaning tape and 3 Drives each).
After that I would use the following command:

> label libv lb0.0.0.0 search=yes labels=barcode checkin=scratch
> label libv lb0.0.0.1 search=yes labels=barcode checkin=scratch

So after this I would define two Tape pools with 13 tapes each. Can I
then drag the pools above a disk pool using the GUI? I think then it
should make a copy on both diskpools? Does then a BACKUP DB for example
create a backup on both tape pools?
And my last question: how can I restore data if a tape in one tape pool
is corrupted and ADSM should read data from the mirrored tape?

Thanks for help,
Regards
Werner Nussbaumer