ADSM-L

Re: Management Class for Oracle backups

2000-07-10 10:45:58
Subject: Re: Management Class for Oracle backups
From: Neil Rasmussen <Neil_Rasmussen AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 07:45:58 -0700
Eric,

You should be able to remove the backups through Oracle backup if the backups
exist in your Oracle backup catalog. File should always be removed through
Oracle to ensure that the catalog and the TSM server are in sync. You may need
to query the RMAN ( I am assuming RMAN) catalog to determine which files you
want to remove and delete them through RMAN. I could provide a little more
assistance to exact procedures if you can let me know what versions of the
involved products you are using. I hope this helps a little.

Regards,

Neil G. Rasmussen
TDP Oracle
Phone:  408-256-8265, t/l 276-8265
E-mail:  nrasmuss AT tivoli DOT com

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL> on 07/07/2000 07:36:13 AM