ADSM-L

Re: Management Class for Oracle backups

2000-07-11 14:44:42
Subject: Re: Management Class for Oracle backups
From: Ian Blair <ian.blair AT DAL DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:44:42 -0300
We found the easiest way to get rid of files lost to the ebu (for
example if a dba starts a new ebu catalog during testing) was to
send them to a new management class
DSMO_FS=adsmorccleanup.  When your retention requirements
have past, delete the original adsmorc filespace.

A precise method is to talk to support and get instruction on how
to compile and use the sample maintenance utility to delete
individual objects.

On 7 Jul 2000, at 16:36, Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied!
> I have updated the VEREXIST and RETEXTRA to 0, just in case this copy group
> is misused for non-Oracle backups.
> Thanks to you all I learned that the Connect Agent for Oracle creates
> backups instead of archives. Due to this I discovered that old backups were
> NOT deleted by the Connect Agent! This was because I allowed nodes to delete
> archive data and not to delete backup data!
> I now have to find a way for the Oracle guys to remove the old backups from
> TSM. Since I cannot remove individual backups through admin interfaces, they
> have to find a way to do this through the BA client.
> Kindest regards,
> Eric van Loon

== R. Ian Blair , Systems Administrator     = Phone: 902-494-3310      ==
== Dalhousie Univ., Computer Facilities & O =   Fax: 902-494-2319      ==
== B519 Killam Lib. , 6225 University Ave.  = E-mail: ian.blair AT dal DOT ca ==
== Halifax , NS , Canada , B3H 4H8          =  or: cfo.systems AT dal DOT ca  ==