ADSM-L

Re: Management Class for Oracle backups

2015-10-04 17:29:33
Subject: Re: Management Class for Oracle backups
From: Neil Rasmussen [mailto:Neil_Rasmussen AT TIVOLI DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Eric,

Each Oracle backup has a unique name based on a date/time stamp so only one
version of a backup on the TSM Server exists. The only possible way that an
object can be marked inactive is if you specifically mark it as deleted
through
RMAN or EBU and that also removes it from the backup catalog on Oracle.
Therefor, you are right about VEREXIST and RETEXTRA. I hope this is clear.
If
you need more assistance you can email me offline. Thanks.

Regards,

Neil G. Rasmussen
TDP Oracle
Phone:  408-256-8265, t/l 276-8265
E-mail:  nrasmuss AT tivoli DOT com

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL> on 07/07/2000 01:02:15 AM