ADSM-L

Re: Management Class for Oracle backups

2000-07-07 10:36:13
Subject: Re: Management Class for Oracle backups
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:36:13 +0200
Thanks to all who replied!
I have updated the VEREXIST and RETEXTRA to 0, just in case this copy group
is misused for non-Oracle backups.
Thanks to you all I learned that the Connect Agent for Oracle creates
backups instead of archives. Due to this I discovered that old backups were
NOT deleted by the Connect Agent! This was because I allowed nodes to delete
archive data and not to delete backup data!
I now have to find a way for the Oracle guys to remove the old backups from
TSM. Since I cannot remove individual backups through admin interfaces, they
have to find a way to do this through the BA client.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon