ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Management Class

2000-04-07 13:50:14
Subject: Re: DB2 Management Class
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 13:50:14 -0400
> My knowledge of DB2 is scant, so bear with me.  I did that command, but
> the field is blank.  Is that something I have to set for each database?
> Thanks for the info.

In my case, the name of my DB2 instances is ldapdb2, and the instance
owner is also ldapdb2.  The easiest thing to do (on AIX), is to su to
ldapd2b to establish the DB2 environment, and then:

db2 connect to db_name
db2 get db cfg for db_name

Hope this helps,

> > To see the management class, try this one:
> >
> > db2 get db cfg for ldapdb2
> >
> > You should see something like:
> >
> >  ADSM management class                  (ADSM_MGMTCLASS) = 8VERSIONS
> >  ADSM node name                          (ADSM_NODENAME) =
> >  ADSM owner                                 (ADSM_OWNER) =
> >  ADSM password                           (ADSM_PASSWORD) =

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)