ADSM-L

Re: Reclaim thresholds

2000-04-07 14:06:09
Subject: Re: Reclaim thresholds
From: "Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:06:09 -0400
When I was running reclamation, it was running about 23 hours a day till we
would cancel it to run the Daily DB Backup for OFFSITE. I had many OFFSITE
tapes that would be below the reclamation percentage, they hardly ever
seemed to be freed up.

I use "MOVE DATA" because I found out that I can get it to process in much
less time than reclamation. Thus my tape drives are free to do other
activity. i.e. My move data script runs in about 1-3 hours (Depending on
number of tapes) and I have a separate script for the ONSITE tapes and
OFFSITE tapes.

I hope this clears up the myth of "MOVE DATA" being less efficient than
reclamation.

Bill