ADSM-L

Re: ADSM TCP/IP error - Frame Relay

2000-02-08 04:40:46
Subject: Re: ADSM TCP/IP error - Frame Relay
From: Viliam Varga <Varga AT LOGIN DOT SK>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 10:40:46 +0100
This is output from q opt command on my ADSM server:

Server Option         Option Setting           Server Option         Option
Setting
-----------------     --------------------     -----------------
--------------------
CommTimeOut           3,600                    IdleTimeOut           3,600
CommTimeOut           3,600                    IdleTimeOut           3,600

I think, 1 hour is long enough. May I increase this number?

Viliam Varga

According to Richard Sims:
> >Try increasing the value of commtimeout in your dsmserv.opt file and
> >restarting *SM.
>
> Don't forget the v3 SETOPT command, whereby you can change many server
> options such as COMMTimeout without restarting.

  ... which adds an additional line with this option at the
  end of the dsmserv.opt file.

  Therefore, don't forget to correct your dsmserv.opt file
  after the SETOPT command.