ADSM-L

don't understand ANR2716E error?

2000-02-08 05:20:56
Subject: don't understand ANR2716E error?
From: Pierre-Eric MENUET <Pierre-Eric.Menuet AT EDF DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 11:20:56 +0100

Hi,

I have the ANR2716E error on my ADSM server but i don't understand
the explanation in the ADSM book.
My client scheduler work properly.

Thanks

ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to
contact client  node name using type
address type ( high address  low address).
Explanation:  The server has attempted to
prompt the client scheduler for node  node
name because a scheduled operation
should be started. The server is unable to
contact the client by using address type
address type, with high-level field  high
address and low-level field  low address.
System Action:  Server operation
continues, but node  node name is not
prompted to start the scheduled operation.
If operations should be started for other
nodes, the server will attempt to prompt the
client schedulers for these nodes. This
error is usually caused by network outages
or the client scheduler program not being
run on the client node.
User Response:  Verify that the address
type and address are correct for this client.
The only valid address type is 1 (for
TCP/IP). Make sure the client scheduler is
not using an invalid address, obtained at
the time the client scheduler was started,
from either the client ,s options file or from
the command line. Verify that the client
scheduler for node  node name is running
and that the necessary communication
links to that scheduler are operational.