ADSM-L

Re: Plea for ammo-

1999-10-07 11:03:06
Subject: Re: Plea for ammo-
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:03:06 -0400
This is a familiar battleground! I have many wounds from this particular
war.
It seems to afflict the NT world although I have experienced in the Unix
world too.
For some reason Netware administration is not so militant.

It's mostly a control issue. Remember, YOU CAN"T BE TRUSTED!
THIS IS SENSITIVE INFORMATION. Zey sink you may be a spy ;-)
Do you have papers to prove these are your papers.... I digress...

Anyway...
This keeps them happy until they need their crap back.
What our data security people don't realize is that if the data goes bye-bye
they are securing squat! You are an integral part of the data security model
even though they won't let you play in their sand box.

You have made the argument. I would bug someone with the rights to the NT
boxes
everyday to let you in, even if you don't really do anything, until they
complain that
you need rights.

Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of ADSM/TSM.
it's a jungle out there kiddies!

CR
Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / TSM (ADSM)
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837