ADSM-L

Plea for ammo-

1999-10-07 09:43:29
Subject: Plea for ammo-
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:43:29 -0500
I have just entered the world  of ADSM (been in this position six weeks), and I
am now embroiled in a holy war with my current supervisor over NT admin rights.
I have access to all of the data that we back up-- I am the ADSM admin- I hold
the key to the BIG DOOR, so you wouldn't think that this would be an issue (but
it is).  My supervisor thinks that I can do my job efficiently without having
admin rights on the NT server clients.  I have root to all the AIX ADSM servers.
Would you kind, experienced gurus, who have been in the real world (read-- NOT
state government) please provide me the ammunition to bolster my argument that I
should have admin access to the NT boxen?  The thing that really sucks is that
our manager has already told him I needed the access to do my job.  That was
three weeks ago, and nothing has changed.  My frustration is reaching a level of
which I am unwilling to accept. And I am willing to push the envelope for a
short time, but I'll be looking for a new job *really* soon if I can't get this
resolved.

tia
lisa