ADSM-L

Re: Plea for ammo-

1999-10-07 10:29:31
Subject: Re: Plea for ammo-
From: Dmitri Chilovich <dmitrich AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:29:31 -0400
The Admin access (NT Admin Privileges USER id) we need on ADSM Client boxes for:

1. Starting, shutting down for editing, starting again the NT "ADSM Central
Scheduler Service ".
2. Editiing ADSM Client configuration files (or ADSM Agent for LNotes or smth
like that if you have any).
    We should be able to edit ADSM concerned files like dsm.opt, notes.ini (ADSM
LN Connect Agent) ,
    even HOSTNAME sometimes.
3. again to pp.1: after any changes in dsm.opt we shoul recycle the ADSM
Service.
4. We should be ROOT to install a new ADSM Client Version, to install ADSM
Service (pp.1), it's in
    all ADSM Client Manuals.
5. You should be root to run ADSM backups from client to ADSM server in case you
use not NT Service for
    ADSM but   ADSM service ("dsmc sched" session can be started by SYSADM
user).
6. You should be root for a case when ADSM backups fail and you need to
reconfigure the ADSM scheduler
    on client NT box, to run something like AT task (NT command), or to
implement LNotes Domino Internal
    schedule to run BAckups (for LN Agent).
7. If you run some scripts for ADSM purposes (like cmd files) you might need the
root also.

In othere case some other persone should look after ADSM client and work in
close cooperation to You.
Sincerely,
Dmitri Chilovich
ADSM Solutions
LN: Dmitri Chilovich/Raleigh/Contr/IBM
E-mail: dmitrich AT us.ibm DOT com
Office phone: 847-240 4654, internal 4654
Pager: 800-946 4646 id 1473134
ADSM USF: Dept.  XVCE, Mngr. Mrs Jane Harris/Raleigh/IBM
IBM Schaumburg, 231 Martingale Rd, IL 60173
Private Notes: Please, reply to dima_chilovitch AT hotmail DOT com