ADSM-L

Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups

1999-07-09 10:40:47
Subject: Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:40:47 -0500
Your point of view is absolutely correct.

But....we all know that users don't do what they are told.  And that $$$
million dollar spreadsheet is stored on someone's pc, not the network
server.

In a perfect world, I would take the same stance on desktop backups.

But since I don't work there, I have to present options to eliminate the
risks in my world.  At least that's what my superiors think.

Any one from IBM/Tivoli have anything to say.... in know you're
watching...:-)

Anthony A. Jones
316-828-2432
Business Continuity & Data Storage Management
Koch Industries, Inc.