ADSM-L

Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups

1999-07-09 10:00:26
Subject: Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 09:00:26 -0500
Any one seen the Connected On line backup product?  It blows the ADSM b/a
client out of the of water.

We are testing the product as well on the desktop.  It has all the bells and
whistles needed to backup the ever changing desktop environment.  Automatic
notifications, backups on 95 without the client being logged in, block level
backups, etc.......

Tivoli is "supposed" to have a client coming in Sept. to do the same.  But
as usual they haven't go their story straight.

Tivoli what is up?

I just want to know if it is worth the headaches of putting ADSM on the
desktop... It's not looking favorable so far

Anthony A. Jones
316-828-2432
Business Continuity & Data Storage Management
Koch Industries, Inc.