ADSM-L

Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups

1999-07-08 13:42:29
Subject: Re: Win95/NT Desktop Backups
From: "Boireau, Eric (MED)" <BOIREER AT EUROMSX.GEMSE DOT FR>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 19:42:29 +0200
Anthony,
Currently we used ADSM to backup our PC Desktop (630 Clients, 350GB on the
Server, it grows every days one or two). You may have to be careful with the
configuration.
We don't used the Option Set because it didn't work when we start
deployment.
We backup only c:\docs 1 version
We use client side compression.
Be careful to the restore, we don't implement collocation to use less. But
in case of PC HD crash it's very long to restore data.
Backup are perform between 08:00AM to 08:00PM with 50% random schedule on
10 different sched. One schedule subnetwork
Registration is closed. It's a Web/Email application which do registration
with charge back and weekly reporting for each client.

A the begining it was working fine. Now we have performance issue. I have to
reduce the MAXSESSION to 10 to reduce ADSM Server CPU load always at 80%

The Hardware is HP LxPro 2xPentiumPro 200, 256MB Ram, 50GB HD Raid5 and
STK9714 with 4xDLT7000.

Eric