ADSM-L

Re: Error Starting ADSM

1998-09-30 08:39:25
Subject: Re: Error Starting ADSM
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:39:25 -0400
Hello Ronnie,

Sounds like your recovery log filled up. You need to
create a new recovery log volume using the dsmfmt
utility (a minimum of 20 MB is recommended), then
execute the "dsmserv extend log" command. Please refer
to the Administrator's Reference for more information
on this command before running it. The reference info
for this command is toward the back of the book.

Once the server is back up and running, you'll want to
investigate why the recovery log filled up. The first
thing you should do is issue the QUERY LOG command and
check the current utilization. If it hasn't dropped
down to a low value, then maybe you are running in roll
forward mode and need to do a database backup. Check the
activity log for any other messages that might lead to
the cause.

Depending on why the recovery log filled, you may need
to add additional space to it permanently. Otherwise if
you want to get rid of the space you just added, then
issue REDUCE LOG to reduce the recovery log by the amount
you extended it by, then you can delete the recovery log
volume you added.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Hi ADSMer

Our ADSM server halted last night, and when I tried to start it today, I got
the following error message:

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I ADSM server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 452 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 2952 megabytes.
ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
ANR9999D logseg.c(457): Log space has been overcommitted (no empty segment
found) - base LSN = 54173.0.0.
ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
ANR7837S Internal error LOGSEG871 detected.
  0x10037AAC LogAllocSegment
  0x10034FE0 ForceLogPages
  0x10035948 LogWriterThread
  0x100069C8 StartThread
  0xD01BCF44 _pthread_body
ANR7833S ADSM thread 1 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 2 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 3 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 4 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 5 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 6 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 7 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 8 terminated in response to program abort.
ANR7833S ADSM thread 9 terminated in response to program abort.
IOT/Abort trap(coredump)

Has anyone experienced this problem? I'll appreciate any help you could give me.

Regards,
Ron