ADSM-L

Re: Disable Server Access, a contradiction?

1998-09-17 13:45:54
Subject: Re: Disable Server Access, a contradiction?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 13:45:54 -0400
Hi Cris,

The message from the GUI is wrong; it should probably say that these functions
are
*not* disabled, as opposed to saying they are *also* disabled.

I'm not sure about the problem with commands not processing. Are these
scheduled Admin commands? Working with IBM service is probably the
best route to go for this issue.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Ok, here we go again!
I noticed that the Version 2 documentation states that the "Disable"
command
will prohibit access to the ADSM server by clients but will still allow
ADSM commands like Migration and Reclamation to still process.

Now, when I choose to disable session through the ADSM GUI I receive a
message that
states Migration and Reclamation will also be suspended.

Which is it?

Also, I have a server which misses most or all of the Stop Session,
Disable Sessions, Migration, and Database backup commands!
All my servers have the same Administrative commands and processes them
with little incident. This one is the exception.

Any thoughts before I call in IBM?

TIA
CR

********************************
ADSM Platform information:
********************************
ADSM Server: NT (V4 SP3) V2 Release 1 Level 14
ADSM Clients: Netware (4.11) V 2 Release 1 Level 07
Windows NT Server (V4 SP3) V2 Release 1 Level 6
Windows 95 Desktop (V1 SP1) V2 Release 1 Level 5
Windows 95 Laptops (V1 SP1) V2 Release 1 Level 6
Cris Robinson
Senior Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance Group