ADSM-L

Re: Disable Server Access, a contradiction?

1998-09-17 13:34:43
Subject: Re: Disable Server Access, a contradiction?
From: Brandon Moore <brandon.moore.hoq0 AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:34:43 -0500
Chris.Robinson:

First question:

The disable command does not allow client access for backup and restore.
Anything administrative(sessions, commands in a schedule, commands issued
in an admin client schedule) will still occur.  The commands like
Reclamation and Migration are not referred to as sessions. They are termed
as Administrative Command Events, that are processed in the Administrative
Command Schedule.  The message you are receiving in the GUI must be a bug
of some sort because the only way I have seen Administrative Commands being
suspended is if you expiring a schedule

Second question:

One of my clients has this same sort of problem(missing admin schedule
events).  We have moved to a multi-threaded version of the ADSM Scheduler
on one of our servers. It is still in fixtest mode, but from what we
understand it will integrated into the future releases of ADSM Server(AIX
version) code.

Brandon W. Moore
Princeton Information, Ltd.