ADSM-L

ADSM expectations too high??

1998-09-17 14:28:07
Subject: ADSM expectations too high??
From: "Donald W. Daniels/FFIC" <Donald_W._Daniels/FFIC AT FFIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:28:07 -0400
I've submitted this question worded a couple of different ways and have
received no responses. I'm a novice to ADSM and ADSM is new to my company ..
it's in pilot mode to see if it can meet the needs to protect our client server
environment initially then move into the mainframe environment later.  My
question is based on a scenario where I backed up 120GB of data.  After the
fact, the requirement arose to preserve this data for a long period of time.
Sounds reasonable to me that this data could be reconfigred in ADSM to another
storage pool or placed in archive.   However, in looking through the
documentation, it appears that this 120GB of data must be restored to disk then
archived . . . a very time consuming task. I much appreciate input from IBM or
anyone as to whether there's a better way or if in fact the only solution is
restore and archive . ..

  Thanks,
  Don