ADSM-L

Re: SHOW commands

1998-09-03 10:07:55
Subject: Re: SHOW commands
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:07:55 -0400
For some reason this did not get sent out yesterday, when I originally sent it.
So I'm trying again...

Hello,

The SHOW commands are designed for diagnostic purposes only, to be run at the
direction of IBM support. They are not intended for use beyond this scope, and
are therefore deliberately undocumented and unsupported. ADSM server
development can correct me if this has changed, but thus far I know of no plans
for documenting or supporting these commands for general use. You use them at
your own risk (and some of them have been known to cause server crashes under
certain circumstances).

The version 3 ADSM servers have a supported command called QUERY SYSTEM that
gives you most of the same information as SHOW CONFIG.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Hi,
        I recently was told about a SHOW CONFIG command that is
available under ADSM.  It is issued to the server, and basically shows
the same info as is contained in a variety of QUERY commands, in
addition to some extra bits and pieces provided via other SHOW commands.
I thought I would share this little find with you.  It is so much easier
to issue one SHOW command than a whole bunch of QUERY commands.  I have
tested this SHOW command, and it works fine.

I do have a question though......does anyone out there know if there are
any other SHOW commands available, and if possible where these commands
might be documented...????  I have searched high and low, and cannot
seem to find anything about them.  Maybe one of the ADSM developers
monitoring the ADSM-List can point me in the right direction....or
supply the appropriate advice...??

(rest of post deleted for the sake of brevity)