ADSM-L

SHOW commands

1998-09-01 21:56:38
Subject: SHOW commands
From: Gary Johnson <GJOHNSO AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:56:38 +1200
Hi,
        I recently was told about a SHOW CONFIG command that is
available under ADSM.  It is issued to the server, and basically shows
the same info as is contained in a variety of QUERY commands, in
addition to some extra bits and pieces provided via other SHOW commands.
I thought I would share this little find with you.  It is so much easier
to issue one SHOW command than a whole bunch of QUERY commands.  I have
tested this SHOW command, and it works fine.

I do have a question though......does anyone out there know if there are
any other SHOW commands available, and if possible where these commands
might be documented...????  I have searched high and low, and cannot
seem to find anything about them.  Maybe one of the ADSM developers
monitoring the ADSM-List can point me in the right direction....or
supply the appropriate advice...??

For your reference, the SHOW CONFIG command provides output from the
following commands :-
*       SHOW TIME
*       QUERY STATUS
*       QUERY DOMAIN
*       QUERY NODE
*       QUERY OPTION
*       QUERY PROCESS
*       QUERY SESSION
*       QUERY DB F=D
*       QUERY DBVOLUME * F=D
*       QUERY LOG F=D
*       QUERY LOGVOLUME * F=D
*       QUERY DEVCLAS * F=D
*       QUERY STGPOOL * F=D
*       QUERY VOLUME
*       QUERY MGMTCLAS
*       QUERY COPYGROUP * * * STANDARD TYPE=BACKUP
*       QUERY COPYGROUP * * * STANDARD TYPE=ARCHIVE
*       QUERY SCHEDULE
*       QUERY ASSOCIATION
*       SHOW BUFVARS                            (Database buffer pool
global variables)
*       SHOW CSVARS                             (not sure what this is)
*       SHOW DBVARS                             (Database service global
variables)
*       SHOW LVM                                        (LVM fixed
storage area capacities,
                                                                 and DB
volume usage,
                                                                 and LOG
volume usage,
                                                                 and
Disk table entries,
                                                                 and
Copy table status,
                                                                 and DB
logical partition information,
                                                                 and LOG
logical partition information,
                                                                 and LVM
checkpoint record contents)
*       SHOW LVMCOPYTABLE               (Copy table status)
*       SHOW LVMVOLS                            (DB volume usage, and
LOG volume usage)
*       SHOW SSVARS                             (Storage service global
variables)
*       SHOW TMVARS                             (Transaction manager
global variables)
*       SHOW TXNT                                       (Transaction
hash table contents)
*       SHOW LOCKS                                      (Lock hash table
contents)

Regards,
Gary Johnson
Operations Analyst  (Emergency Planning)
IT Operations,  Technology Operations
CLEAR Communications Ltd
12th floor,  49 Symonds Street, Auckland, 1001, New Zealand
* phone:  64-9-912-4200
     fax:      64-9-912-4454
* email:   gjohnso AT clear.co DOT nz